Jun 15, 2008

Marinated Turkey Breasts

To be honest, I am NOT a fan of turkey to say the least. But once I tried this I had a different opinion. (I still won't eat Thanksgiving turkey though!!) We grill on the BBQ all summer and this is a nice break from the regular burgers, and steaks. It's a must try. All the guys LOVE this one!

4-6 Turkey breasts, cut into large strips.
(Turkey breast's are usually cut thick when you buy them, so I cut them horizontally in half to make them thinner. If they are too thick they will take to long to cook and will likely burn)

Marinade
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup soy sauce (I usually do 3/4)
2 cups 7 up/Sprite
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (or more to taste if you like)

Let these soak for at least an hour, 3-5 hours is usually perfect. I don't recommend letting them marinade overnight they turn out too salty.

Once the turkey is done marinading, cook on med heat on the grill until no more pink is left in the middle of the breast.

No comments: