This is just so good, you HAVE to try it! If you like tacos or Mexican food you will LOVE this! And even better it takes only ten minutes to prepare.
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 can chili (Nalley brand, original)
1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chili's (they come together in one can)
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can stewed tomatoes Italian style
2-3 cups cheese of your choice (I use Mexican blend)
1 bag Tostitos Lime corn chips
1/2 cup green pepper
1/2 cup yellow onion
1 package taco seasoning (I use McCormick)
1.Pre-heat oven to 375
2. Brown ground beef on the stove, and when it's still a little pink and your green pepper and onion. Cook until veggies are soft.
3. Rinse and drain your ground beef mixture. Place back in pan
4. Add packet of taco seasoning (I only use 3/4 of a packet) to the meat. Stir until the meat mixture is coated
5. Pour seasoned meat mixture in a deep baking dish
6.Add your can of chili, corn, diced tomatoes and green chili's stir well into meat mixture
7. In a separate bowl pour your can of stewed tomatoes, and take your hand and mush them up really good. Be sure to mash up any large chunks. Drain off excess juice.
8. Add stewed tomatoes to meat mixture. Stir well mixing all ingredients.
9. Flatten out your meat mixture in your baking dish and add one thin layer of cheese
10. Crush up with your hands the lime chips, enough to cover the cheese layer you just put on your meat mixture
11. Add another layer of cheese
12. Bake until bubbly and hot.
*I serve this warm with sour cream and salsa on top. If you would like you can add shredded lettuce, olives, avocado.... whatever toppings you like!