Jun 12, 2008
Easy Apple Crisp
This is SO SO SO good! And it is by far the easiest recipe for Apple Crisp I have ever come across. It's best topped with whipping cream (fresh) or served warm with vanilla ice cream!
4-5 tart apples, peeled and sliced (granny smith are the best)
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 cube butter, melted
1 yellow cake mix
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350
2. Place apples in a 9x13 baking dish. Spread evenly around the dish
3. Pour cake mix in a medium size bowl. Add the cinnamon and sugar. Mix well with a spoon or fork.
4. Pour melted butter over the cake mix, and mix together with a fork (Mixture will be lumpy)
Just be sure that all of the cake mix is "wet" looking, to ensure that it has been fully coated with the butter.
5. Take you hand and sprinkle the wet cake mix over the apples, spreading evenly. There will be some large clumps stuck together but that's ok! It's supposed to be this way!
6. Bake at 350 for 35 min. or until golden brown on top