Mar 1, 2010

Chicken and Stuffing Casserole


This dish is SO EASY. And one of my "go to" recipes when I can't think of anything to make. My kids LOVE this and almost always have secconds! Serve with warm rolls, and a salad and you have dinner done in no time flat.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
1 pound (1 large head) of broccoli florets, cooked (I don't reccomend using frozen)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 Tbsp. mayo (can use light)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (I always end up using about 1 1/2 c.)
1 c. dry stuffing mix (I used Herb flavored or a good cornbread stuffing. Chicken flavor would work as well)
pepper to taste
garlic salt to taste

1-Pre heat oven to  350 degrees.
2- Cut chicken breasts in to 1 in. chunks place in large skillet on the stove, and add 1/2 c. water. Add dash of pepper and dash of garlic salt to season. Let chicken cook entirely through, or until all water has evaporated. If you like, you can brown your chicken at this point. (I always do)
3- In a small bowl, mix together soup and mayo. Set aside. In a 9x13 baking dish layer chicken, broccoli, soup mixture, and cheese. Sprinkle dry stuffing mix over the top and bake in the oven for 25-30 min.

*I have made this before and the top turned out a little too crunchy. Here are a few tips that might help. Take 1/4 c. water and pour evenly over the top of the stuffing to soften. Also you can add a few pads of butter to the top. This seemed to help me!

*Tip: Add a can of corn or 1c. frozen, cooked corn. If you do this, be sure to add another 1/2 can. of soup!*

1 comment:

mjnetty said...

Andrea, I love to cook too, and I'm always looking for new recipes.