Oct 11, 2008

Pull Apart Monkey Bread




I LOVE cinnamon rolls, but I don't love how long they take to make. This is a great alternative, and I love letting my kids help with these. To make them more like cinnamon rolls I pull mine out of the oven while they are still warm, and pour homemade cream cheese frosting over the top and let it melt down in. SOOOOOO Good!

4 cans refrigerated biscuits (10 count each)
1/4 lb butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)

1-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2-Roll each biscuit into a ball.
3-Combine sugar, cinnamon and nuts in a small bowl.
4-Dip each biscuit ball in melted butter and then roll in sugar mixture.
5-Layer balls in a greased bunt or tube pan.
6-Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Tip out onto a serving plate and pull apart what you want!
*My cream cheese frosting recipe is found under the frosting's label.

1 comment:

Mikelle said...

I'll have to try this. I love Cinnamon rolls, but they do take FOREVER!