Oct 21, 2008

Perfect Pie Crust




I can't remember where I picked this recipe up, but it is great. I call it my "never fail pie crust" Because it has never failed me. I use this recipe for EVERY pie I make. Better yet, it's so simple!


4 c. flour

1 Tbsp. sugar

2 tsp. salt

1 2/4 c. SHORTENING

1 Tbsp. vinegar

1 egg

1/2 c. COLD water


1-Sift dry ingredients, cut in shortening w a pastry cutter until crumbly.

2-Combine vinegar, egg and COLD water, gradually add to dry mixture to form dough.

3- Roll out of lightly floured surfaced, place in pie dishes.


*This recipe makes 2 double crusts

*For the holidays, I make up about 4 batches of these, then freeze them. That way when I need to make a pie for a get together or party, I already have the crust done! Just be sure to allow 12 hours to un-thaw!

No comments: