Oct 11, 2008

Easy Chili




I have a few recipes for chili, and they include a lot more ingredients that this one does but I love this one because it is quick and easy. And even better you can brown the hamburger, and throw everything in the crock pot and your ready to go! I serve this with homemade cornbread and honey butter! Yum!!


1 lb hamburger, browned

1 small yellow onion, diced

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can green chilies

1 can kidney beans

1 can Hormel chili w/ beans (I use whatever Chili I have)

1/2 c. ketchup

1/2 tsp. pepper


1- Brown hamburger and onion in a medium skillet until onion is tender and meat is cooked thoroughly

2- Place meat and onion in a crock pot

3- Add diced tomatoes, green chilies, kidney beans, chili, and pepper

4- Set on low heat and cook for 6 hours or high heat and cook for 4 hours


*I ALWAYS double this recipe, because my hubby likes this leftover for the next day.

*If you don't want to cook this in the crock pot, you can put in in a big pot on the stove, and just heat up and serve. I put it in the crock pot because it lets all the flavors soak in really good.

No comments: