Sep 11, 2008

Perfect Rice Crispies




I got this recipe from my husband's Aunt, and it is great. I know your thinking rice crispies are pretty basic right? Well there are many variations out there, and I have tried a few but this one never fails me. And I mean, who really DOESN'T like rice crispie treats? Give this one a try!


1/4 c. margarine

1 package (10 oz) marshmallows

6 cups rice crispies


1-Melt margarine in a large saucepan over LOW heat.

2-Add marshmallows, a little at a time. Stir, stir, stir, until completely melted, remove from heat

3-Add rice crispies and stir until well coated.

4-Press in a lightly greased (I use cooking spray) 9x13 pan.


*Many people ruin rice crispie treats because they are not patient enough to let their marshmallows melt COMPLETELY before adding their rice crispies, this will cause it to clump all together, and it will not spread in to a pan. JUST BE PATIENT!


*When cooking rice crispies ALWAYS use a wooden spoon. Plastic creates a huge mess, and with the temperature that the hot marshmallow reaches, it could actually melt your spoon therefore making your rice crispies taste like burnt plastic, YUCK!

No comments: