Sep 5, 2008

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese


So this is one of my ALL TIME favorites. My kids go nuts over this stuff! It is such a staple to me and my taste buds, I even make this with every Thanksgiving dinner. It's a must try

1 pkg. (16 oz.) elbow macaroni
2 eggs
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1 tsp. pepper
8 oz. Velveeta cheese, melted
2 c. (8 oz.) shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
2 c. (8 oz.) shredded, sharp cheddar cheeses, divided



Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

1-Cook macaroni according to package direction; drain

2-I n a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter, mustard, seasoned salt and pepper until combined. Stir in the Velveeta and 1 1/2 c. each of the shredded cheese.
3-Place drained macaroni noodles into cheese mixture. Pour into a greased 3 qt. (9x13) baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses.

4-Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly.

No comments: