Oct 27, 2010

Easy Beef Stroganoff


My Mom used to make this when I was younger, and it's always been one of my favorites! It's now one of MY family's favorite dishes also. I like it because it's yummy, easy and filling. Not to mention the leftovers are SO GOOD! {and I'm not a fan of leftovers!}

2 lbs. ground beef
2 Tbsp. minced onion
1 pkg. Stroganoff mix (Lowry's/ Great Value)
1 can cream mushroom soup (I use 1 1/2 cans, because I like mine creamy)
1 c. sour cream
milk
1/2 tsp pepper
Rice or Egg noodles (whichever you prefer... we like rice better)

1-Cook rice or noodles whichever you prefer, set aside
2-Brown the ground beef in a large skillet, add your minced onion while it's cooking. Drain hamburger, place back in skillet.
3-Add package of Stoganoff mix, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and pepper. Combine thoroughly.
4-Add milk, until creamy (It's different every time) just be sure you don't get it runny!
5- Place meat mixture on top of noodles or rice and serve warm.

*Tip: We add a dollop of sour cream to the top of ours, makes it super yummy! Serve with salad and rolls.

No comments: