Feb 1, 2009

Fruit Smoothie Cheesecake


I love cheesecakes! My mother-in-law received a cook book one Christmas that was strictly cheesecakes. Every kind you could possibly think of! This is where I got this recipe from. I usually make this more in the summer time, but I thought it would be fun to make now, and think about those warm days up ahead!


2 packages of cream cheese, softened (can use light)

1.3 c. sugar

1 . whole strawberries, pureed

1 ripe banana pureed

1 8 oz. tub cool whip, thawed

1 9 in. graham crust


1-mix cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.

2-Gently stir in pureed fruit and whipped topping and spoon into crust

3- Freeze 4 hours or overnight

4-Let stand 1 hour, or until it can be cut. Garnish with fresh fruit


Tip: When I make this dessert I buy lots of different fruits to garnish with. Kiwi, bananas. strawberries, Mandarin oranges, red grapes.... I set them all out in separate bowls and let my guests spoon on their favorite toppings. The kids especially love doing this! Have fun!

No comments: