Feb 1, 2009

Spaghetti Pie


I love, love, love this dish. I originally got this recipe a few years ago from one of my neighbors. She made this for me and my husband after I had my little boy. I have been in love with it since. Don't be discouraged by all the ingredients it is SO worth it! You MUST try this!


6 oz. spaghetti

2 Tbsp. butter

2 beaten eggs

1/3 c. Parmesan cheese

2 c. cream style cottage cheese

1 lb. ground beef, cooked, drained

1/2 yellow onion chopped

1/4. green pepper, chopped

1 (8oz.) can tomatoes, diced small

1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste

1 tsp. sugar

1/2 tsp. garlic salt

1/2 c. mozzarella cheese


1-Cook the spaghetti, drain and stir butter into hot spaghetti. Stir in eggs and Parmesan cheese. Form spaghetti mixture into a "crust" in a 10 in. pie plate that is greased.

2-Spread with cottage cheese. Cook ground beef, onion and pepper until meat is brown and fully cooked. Drain fat.

3-Stir in un-drained tomatoes,tomato paste, sugar, garlic salt, heat through.

4-Turn meat mixture into spaghetti crust. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 min.

5-Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake until melted


1 comment:

CallisterCatch said...

This was so good!!!!! My husband loved it, and it was something that after I was all ready full I still wanted to keep eating. Thanks for putting all these delicious recipes together.